We are honored to be considered as part of your big day! Here at The Baker and the Farmer, we strive to make your experience with us as stress-free as possible. Designing your cake and desserts is fun and delicious- especially when it comes to tasting day!
Cake tasting appointments are when you not only taste and decide on your cake flavors but you also plan out a custom design. Come to your tasting with some design ideas in mind and we will help you create the perfect cake!
A few things to consider before your appointment:
- How many people are you looking to serve?
- Will you be having a sit down dinner or buffet style?
- What sort of cake design will fit with your reception style?
- Would you like a tiered cake or a dessert table?
- Will your reception be outdoors or inside?
- Would you like fresh flowers on your cake? If so, we will discuss placement at the tasting appointment.
Any fresh flowers for your cake are to be provided by your florist at the reception location and must be discussed with them in advance. We are happy to place flowers on your cake for an additional fee.
Custom cakes require custom pricing! After meeting with you and working out the details we will send you a custom price quote for approval within a week. Custom pricing is based on number of servings, complexity of design, flavors, delivery distance, and set up requirements.
In order to reserve your date a 50% non-refundable deposit is required. The balance is due one month prior to your wedding date.
A step by step guide to ordering your wedding cake with us:
- Call/email our wedding specialist to schedule your cake tasting appointment.
- Choose your favorite flavors to sample.
- Gather inspirational imagery, ideas, swatches, etc. for your cake.
- Meet for your tasting at Baker and the Farmer – Sample, discuss, design, and then receive a price quote within the next week.
- Upon approval of the price quote book your wedding by paying a 50% deposit and signing our terms and conditions cake contract.
- 30 days prior to your wedding- finalize details, make any adjustments and pay the final balance.
- At least 14 days prior- drop off any toppers, stands, etc. and finalize delivery or pick up time.
- ENJOY your wedding day and your custom cake!!!